We are always ready to explain:
- What personal information is gathered, stored, tracked or used
- With whom the information may be shared
- How you can correct inaccuracies in information
You can contact us directly at the address shown at the bottom of this page.
What information we gather and track
We at Kaspersky Labs respect your desire to protect personal information. This page tells you what sort of information we may ask you for, and in what situations.
We request personal information when you place an order, register a product, request a service, answer a survey, enter a contest, correspond with us or engage in certain other activities on our website. For example:
- If you submit an order on-line with us, you will be asked for information needed to complete the transaction, such as your name, address, and credit card number.
- If you request technical support by email or telephone, we will ask you for information needed to complete the transaction, such as your registration/ license number and information about your computer hardware, software and the nature of the problem you are experiencing.
- If you activate the option to process all future orders without entering your credit card details again, our web shop provider will attach your credit card data with your account and keep it for future orders. Kaspersky Lab will establish a special link to your web shop provider account and will place orders on your behalf whenever they are performed by you in the My Kaspersky. Our web shop provider also gives us the information about expiration date of your credit card and last 4 symbols of your credit card number. However, we will have no access to other data of your credit card stored by web shop provider. The linkage to your account will only be established technically by an internal User ID and password combination. These credentials will grant us no access to your credit card or other personal data web shop provider. They are only a technical unique identifier for triggering orders from you at our web shop.
You make all decisions regarding whether or not to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. However, please note that If you do not wish to provide the requested information, you may not be able to complete the transaction.
How we use this information
We use personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information about virus alerts, product upgrades, new products, services, newsletters, informative emails, and research on future product ideas or improvements.
- To assist us in creating content that is relevant to you.
- To provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you.
- To assist us in creating better products and services to meet your needs.
- To allow you to purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select in the most convenient way.
- To help you quickly find software, services or product information important to you with whom we may share your information.
Kaspersky Labs retains the services of outside contractors to provide services for us. They may be used to distribute products, provide technical support, or handle order processing. Contractors must keep the personal information of customers secure and confidential, and use personal information only on behalf of Kaspersky Labs.
Please be advised that we may disclose your personal information if legally required to do so by government agencies or law enforcement bodies.
If you do not wish to continue receiving our email newsletters or bulletins you can opt-out of receiving these communications by replying and typing 'unsubscribe' in the subject line in the email.
We have taken security measures, consistent with international information practices, to protect your personal information. These measures include technical and procedural steps to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction. Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption.
If you chose to activate the option to process all future orders without entering your credit card details again then Kaspersky Lab will store and process the abovementioned unique connection credentials (internal User ID and password) for web shop provider account, expiration date of your credit card and last 4 symbols of your credit card number. These data will be stored by our trusted third party provider Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, Washington 98052 USA in countries which might have data protection standards that are less protective than the data protection standard in your country of residence.
Kaspersky Labs is an international company, and we provide company information to our worldwide offices. The personal information that you have provided to us may be transferred to other Kaspersky Labs offices around the world. Also, in certain countries our outside contractors might undertake the collection, transferring, storage and processing of your information.
We may track domain names, IP addresses, network provider, browser types and other information about client environment (such as model of your device, operation system, screen resolution, etc.) from people who visit our site. We use this information to produce traffic statistics for the Kaspersky Labs' sites and to improve quality of our Web site and services. Such information is not correlated with any personal information.
The Kaspersky Labs sites contain links to site of companies with whom we have a relationship. Kaspersky Labs is not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners. We encourage you to read their privacy statements, as they may differ from ours.
Please remember that information you submit in a news discussion or forum is public information and will not be treated as confidential. Such information can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are online.
This information can be found on our Contact Information page.